Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Help!!!!! Those loveable Honey Bees!

My neighbor has several honey bee hives. They have taken a liking to my koi pond for their water source. I can't even enjoy going out there on a hot day as they are swarming all over. I know how important these little critters can be to our environment so I don't want to do anything to hurt them........just make them go somewhere else!

I have tried running the sprinkler.....no use. I have tried citranila candles around the pond.......nope still here, I have placed cloves of garlic where they drink....all to no avail. The only thing I have accomplished, possibly is garlic flavored honey. A friend of mine who happens to be a "fish doctor" (yes there really are fish doctors) said it was a compliment to my water quality since bees only like fresh water.

If anyone out there knows of a way to repel the bees without harming them or my fish, please share! I will try anything natural. No chemicals or pesticides please!

I will keep you posted,

No comments:

Post a Comment