Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Green Tip Swap

Hello all you Greenies! I have created this blog site as a way for us all to swap green tips, hints or how tos! Whether it is household chores, laundry, baby care or washing the car - I am sure someone out there has a great tip to keep it green. I am kind of a newbie to the "going green" thing so I need all the help I can get.

I am in desperate need of doing bleach-free laundry. I hate the idea of putting bleach into our waterways.

Share your green tip or hint on bleach-free laundry. If you would like to share any other helpful green tips or how tos, please feel free to post them here.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tommye! Glad to hear you're going green!

    We've done bleach free laundry for years whether we wanted to or not, due to the fact that we are on a septic field and bleach will cause the bacteria to 'crash'.

    Color safe bleach alternative (peroxide) works well and is much safer on the environment. A little drop of Bluing, like Grandmas used to use, can help get that bright white look too. ~Cindy Lietz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy, We are on septic too, I will give the peroxide a try. Where can you find that bluing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your blog, T!
    found Living Green online magazine today. it's good! i'll be posting greenish as well so check in sometime?
    Loved the peeing standing up post. Sometimes life IS stranger than fiction!
    Antonia at Artimentary
    http://artimentarystudios.blogspot.com
    http://artimentary.etsy.com
    http://twitter.artimentary.com

    ReplyDelete